Podcast 024e When Mars Meets Dao With Peter Peng, summary
Listen to MP3
Link to iTiunes
Peter's FB Link
Career in this world: astronautics
- Principal Engineer at JPL, NASA
- Accomplished 3 Mars missions and now working on the 4th
Career in Heaven: Dao Cultivation and Sharing
- Managing a English Dao Learning Class in LA, CA
- Dao is the highest level wisdom
Career in this world
- Highly complicated tasks: It requires absolute calmness and wisdom to communicate
- Team work: Do NOT blame. Any mistake occurred is not a personal matter. The credit for each success goes to the team.
- Hard work and diligence is absolutely necessary. A mission is , a helping hand from God is much needed.
To Land A Rover on Mars Successfully
- Analyze 1,000 landing situations: a 90% successful rate for a project to be acceptable
- 99%: hard work and diligence on human’s part; 1%: dependence on God
- The Fourth Mars Mission
- 2020: another rover which would be equipped with a helicopter
- The rover would roughly weigh a ton. The helicopter is a serious challenge.
- Any mission would have multiple objectives instead of pursuing a single target.
Career in Heaven
- Life is with long term goals and multiple objectives.
- Cultivating Dao is like learning Chinese Kung-Fu.
- Mind power is the ultimate power in the universe.
Suggestions from Peter
- We all have our strong suit and talents. Find out what we are good at and start from there.
- The two careers (career in this world and career in Heaven) complement each other. So do both and build a happier life and be more content with it.
- Make a buddha out of yourself.