道之宗旨 The Purpose of Dao
The Purpose of Dao (Tao)＊1 is:
1. To venerate the Heavens and the Earth.2. To worship God＊2 and revere the Zhu-Tian-Shen-Sheng＊3.
3. To be patriotic, loyal, and responsible.4. To be of virtuous character and uphold the Rules of Propriety.
5. To carry out the filial duties to one’s parents＊4.6. To honor and respect one’s teachers and elders.
7. To be faithful to friends.8. To live harmoniously with neighbors.
9. To rid oneself of bad habits and evil, and to pursue good thoughts and deeds.10. To expound upon the Five Bonds of Human Relationships＊5 and the Eight Cardinal Virtues＊6.
11. To preach the main principles of the founders of the five world religions.
12. To obey and respectfully practice the Four Ethical Principles＊7, the Three Mainstays of Social Order＊8, and the Five Constant Virtues＊9.
13. To cleanse the mind, purify the soul and eliminate unclean thoughts.14. To cultivate one’s true-self＊10 by utilizing untruths＊11.
15. To recover one’s original Buddha-nature＊12.16. To continually develop one’s innate wisdom and natural abilities until perfection is achieved.
17. To establish and reach one’s own goals and to help others do so.
18. To transform the world into a peaceful, honest, and orderly society.19. To enlighten the minds of people and enable them to return to a state of benevolence.
20 By pursuing this path, to bring the world into a state of equality, fraternity, harmony, welfare, and justice - the World of Da-Tong (Dah-Torng)＊13.
＊1. ~ ＊13. Please see the Glossary of Yi-Guan Dao (I-Kuan Tao).